December 3, 2010

full time job=no time job

you know, unemployment (not counting my VERY part time job) has not suited me as well as I had hoped. my dreams of reading all day with coffee in hand and getting fro yo every night has not exactly played out the way i thought it would. i have realized over these last few months that i am not as much of a lounger as i thought i was. the task of filling my day when i'm not working can be overwhelming at times. my hours are spent on craigslist, perusing the latest and greatest job postings. i know every category by heart. and when i get itchy, i end up on youtube, rewatching So You Think You Can Dance Clips and newscaster fails (my fav). add that to my attempt at P90X, and you have got a day, folks.

but you know what i realized? this season only lasts so long. i will only be unemployed for so long, without much responsibility. Soon enough, (i hope) some company will want me to join them, and i'm sure i will be longing for the days of coffee dates and late morning workouts. I will go from "glee clip watching while eating breakfast in pj's kendall" to "throw on heels (or just flats) and get out the door kendall". so i am trying to change my attitude, and my perspective. it is easy for me to feel overwhelmed with what's NOT happening instead of enjoying the season i am in and realizing that God has me in it for a reason. it's easy to allow myself to get discouraged or feel lame-o, and it's hard to fight those thoughts. but there is so much more enJOYment when i choose to view things in a different perspective.

just what i've been thinking about. until employment arrives, holler at me if you've got a free lunch hour or any good youtube clips :)

3 comments:

  1. 1) your right, just a season. and you need to enjoy it. because very few times in your life will you have it
    2) youtube canada border patrol
    3) we are so having a eat/shop/run date next week. get it, like eat pray love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendall, just found your blog through Leah's. I'm now almost fully employed, though half the time it doesn't feel like it since I'm working from home. I remember talking to someone else who was under-employed during the first weeks we moved up here while I was floundering about without a job. I told her that some days I just felt so guilty for letting the day pass without feeling like I really contributed something to the world. She said, "Oh, you'll get used to it." Which still makes me laugh because it's so true in one sense, and so not in another. It's amazing how as humans we feel restless when we're idle and stressed when we're productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and dust have jobs and a new home. time for a blog update!

    ReplyDelete